Sunday, October 30, 2005

Day 3 - Me in so many ways...

I'm skipping a bit ahead in my photo joural, but this is an important part of the puzzle, the key to this whole story, so I thought I should post this and how that day became an important turning point in my trip.

****

So there I was, in a new city that I had waited years to visit, my maiden voyage to this new land, on a mission of self-discovery, to meet new people and to plant the seeds for what I still hope will be part of my future.

Walking to the base of the Brooklyn Bridge, I saw this sculpture, and that's when it all fell into place...

ErosLefar said it best : "It's only when we are souls and body is broken does the real 'us' shine through."

I almost wept when he said this because there was so much truth to it, so much of that truth was mine.


And there I was, on the other side of a Bridge, a new place, with new ideas and friends, and bold new adventures waiting for me. My old shell of the old me had begun to crack, and inside shone a bright light - a new and strong beacon, an energy that I had long considered to be completly extinguished was radiating again. That's when my trip turned into a personal journey and mission - to find and bring out the HPK that has been hidden for so long.

I stood there, completly mesmerized, trying to comprehend the unbeleivable sequence of events that had lead me there, and just how much I was she - this lone woman, finding inner peace on her own little island, amidst the bright lights of the big city - being reborn.

It was only later on that night when I realized the kind of photos I had captured - the meaning behind the framing, juxtaposition, the angles I chose spoke more about me, where I was and where I wanted to go than I realized.


Dusk, and ending of a day, the light inside, begining of a new one.

The sun is always there, the light and darkness just come in cycles.

the sun is always there...

1 comment:

hellophotokitty said...

Hey Gams!
it was only there for three days!!
xoxo