Thursday, April 10, 2008

The best way to find yourself

"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others."

~ Gandhi

Mom is coming home today. And after the arduous journey we've had, it will be a real warm homecoming.

I have learned many things on this journey - the most important being that when we serve others selflessly, we can really begin to find peace within ourselves.

It has been a long and at times really rough and brutal road, but knowing that I was there to hold her hand when she was at her weakest, being able to stand up for her when she could, not made me realize just how much she has done for me, and what a blessing it was for me to give it back to her.

so we are on the mend, upward and onward, hoping for the best, and thankful for every day we have together and the memories we now share.

No comments: