Sunday, September 18, 2005

Chez Mado!!

So this was it!The accumulation of all those months of work.
We were actually at Chez Mado! Putting on a play that took place in the place that I had envisioned almost a year ago.

does that make sense?
I don't know, and at this point in my drunken state, frankly, I don't even care!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


A year ago this month, a friend of mine took me to Chez Mado because he designed a hat for Mado (the owner and Diva for the Club) and I was there to document it. I took photos of the place and was so taken back by the insanity of how many people - gay, straight, transgender, bisexual, curious had come to see glamorous drag queens strut their stuff! It was amazing! old people - young people - you name it! It was a real cornucopia of individuals gathering in the name of fun. I was amazed.

And in the back of my head I said - one day, I will put this into a movie!!

And low and behold, a few months later - the play - Sex and La Cite was born!!

And here we are - full circle again - and we are actually performing at the club I had envisioned it would one day play in!!

Oh Dr. Phil and Dr. Dyer - the power of intention is a powerful thing!!!


*****

The show was a smash! Sold out crowd and a rowdy one at that. They laughed at all the ribald references and crazy antics, they cheered and giggled at all the right places. It made me smile - backstage, cramped and teetering precariously on steep steps that lead to a drag queen's lair below. Derek (Pascal) said - hpk - when I hear the audience laugh, I think of you - YOU were the one that wrote this! You are the one who is responsible for making them laugh!!


And I thought about that, let it sink in a minute and smiled.

yea, it was me!!

teee heee heeee!!!!

******


Our original Steve is in New York city on an acting scholarship - it was sad because he was sooo Steve, but I have to give Khris credit - he had huge shoes to fill, and did an AMAZING job! He was great, and won the hearts of the audience at each show. And we all welcomed him into our SALC family.


This group is really a wonderful thing.

I don't think I ever want to let it die - we came together for so many bizarre reasons and for many of them, there are absolutely no explanations, except the fact that we have all made a wonderful piece of theater that has touched quite literally hundreds and hundreds of people.

Sigh.

I am so tipsy, craving some serious starch, fending off the PMS monster and now transferring the images that were taken tonight in our crazy ass celebration (which I will post when I am sober) and it's all wonderful!!

I can't stop thanking the universe, and God above for bringing me to this point in my life - where synchronicity goes beyond the realm of explanation, beyond the realm of 'this is just coincidental' and into the land of you know, this might really have been something that was meant to happen.

I am so thankful that I have been able to have this experience in my life.

I know that when I am 50 and will look back on these events, I will have a huge smile on my face and say:
Yea, those were some wacky and wild Sienfeld-esque times..."


:-)

xooxo

No comments: