Monday, July 03, 2006

black and blue


black and blue
Originally uploaded by Fack to Bront.
I saw this on flickr, and it just moved me so deeply, I had to post it.
It makes me realize how my 'problems' are quite trivial when compared to people out in the real cruel world...



Frack to Bront - bravo on this posting.

Your photo tells a story that is all too common and that very few people want to hear, and so often, turn a blind eye as to the reality of domestic abuse.

and of course - the biggest bravo going to this woman.

Her beauty is strong and radiant, despite the bruises on her face. It is the look of determination, strength, courage. It's in her eyes, and in the subtle curve of her smile.

If I were in her situation, I think the last thing I would be able to is smile.

This photo depicts the kind of humanity that only a sensitive photographer can capture/share.

God bless this poor woman and her child
and God bless you for sharing this with us.

No comments: