Tuesday, May 29, 2007

for Jen


for Jen
Originally uploaded by hellophotokitty
My friend Jen's mother died a few days ago - she never had a chance to say goodbye. I feel so sad for her and her loss. Can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like. Don't even want to go there.

Life has really shoveled the shit her way too. And despite it all, she kept her chin up, a brave face and best foot foward, stomping out any bad energy that surrounded her.

She was getting her life in order too, and this happened.

We are never ready for death. Who is? People who know that it's coming around the corner? People who have faced it before?

In the weeks before my mother gets the test results from her PET scan, I wonder too if I will have to be in Jen's position soon, and it scares the living crap out of me...

living

no pun intended...

No comments: