Wednesday, May 02, 2007

hemo-somethingorother

My throat still hurts, and stomach still pinches after my g-scope - or endoscopy as it's called.

Not a pretty thing.
Despite the fact that I had asked for enough meds to knock out an elephant, I was awake through the whole thing. And it was a bitch...

Imagine if you will - a long rubber snake - thick and ugly going down your throat into your stomach.

Then imagine the feeling of having pieces of your stomach scraped away with a really sharp exacto knife.





Can you see it now?
good

that's what I had done to me yesterday morning.

And I woke up today with the residual internal body aches.

The doctor refreshed my memory - that I had a lovely hemoangioma on my liver. Basically a beauty spot that is non-cancerous, and is pretty common.

I remember that - we did tons of abdominal scans and an MRI to rule out anything.
Have to give the guy credit - he was thorough

But this thing hurt like hell in a handbag!

***

Spent most of the night putting images into mats into frames.
Shipping is the next big part.

I really hope I sell something this time.
It's really nice to have my stuff in galleries all over the place, but damm - it's getting expensive to ship and frame all of it!

But nonetheless, I'm excited.
The curator of the show is really excited about my work.
Told her last night about my project: Self-portraiture as a healing tool. She said that I had something promising.

I'm a practical dreamer - I dream about things, but then do what I need to make them come true.

That's just the kind of person I need on my side right now.

Fingers and liver spots crossed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, reading about that procedure gave me pains where I did not think it was possible. At first while reading, I thought you were sick but I am relieved to learn that it was only to check up on things.

And I must admit that I was stunned to learn that you have to pay for shipping and framing for these shows ! I understand that galleries contribute to getting your work known and perhaps sold but artists also contribute to the success and hipness of galleries. It is a 2-way street in my humble opinion and I think that, at the very least, they really should pay half of the costs for these kinds of things.

Anyway, I know you have been through a lot lately, I may not be around flickr much (was starting to feel creeped out so it was mostly a post-and-run kind of thing these lasts few months) but I read your blog regurlarly and I know you have been challenged for more than your share.

I hope things get better and also that you sell a lot of stuff. Btw, the postcard is beautiful !

hellophotokitty said...

Oh wow! Thanks Cath! it's so nice to hear from you again :-) Thanks for stopping by!

As for the gallery stuff - I know. I am tossing this around my head non stop, perhpas that's where one of the ulcers comes from lol. I keep telling myself: "the universe rewards action" and that it's just a matter of time before something gels. I am pushing my stuff - that's the only way to do it. Perhaps I will find a gallery who will "invite" me, but I think that's still a long way off.