Wednesday, March 26, 2008

further delays

and so, as it stands now, mom's surgery is delayed again another day - if not another week.

After a good night's sleep, she went back into the hospital today only to find out that the surgeons had overbooked, and they could not fit her in. She's now lying in a hospital room, with no word whether or not they will send her home again tomorrow, or operate.

People in the u.s talk about how great our Medicare system is - well, it's crap. People with cancer are waiting for surgeries and I have known some that have actually died waiting.

it's pathetic - and my mom is now part of the statistics.

I can't help but think that as each day passes, the cancer is eating away at more and more of her healthy cells.

but I can't think like that - for her sake, for my sake...

speaking of waiting - I waited 3 hours to see a doctor today at a downtown clinic. Apparently, this has become 'normal' over the past year.

I had only slept 3 hours, if that, because I was up all night coughing and wheezing. Turns out that I have a nasty case of bronchitis, and possible touch of pneumonia.

Just what we needed.

And my mother's best friend - the other guardian angel who has been driving her around when the other angel E is at work busy with other things, is sick.

Again, I can't help but think that if something happens to my mother - she gets sick, it's because I exposed her to this virus.

but that's a lot for one person to shoulder - all this blame, so I'm giving myself a break. I need to, because if I don't I will break - into a million little pieces without a tube of glue in sight.



and so, tomorrow, another day, we hope and pray that it will be a better one than today.


oh yea, I've postponed my trip to new york. There was no way I could leave my mother in her condition. And besides, I think it was only fitting that in celebration of the 40th year she brought me into the world, I would take care of her when she needed it most.

I can't think of a better birthday present - this gift of an opportunity to do this for her.

No comments: