Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I`ll tumble for ya!

It was a sauna in there and I have the photos to prove it!!

Well seeing Boy George was certainly the experience! And it was really funny to see that most of the people there to witness this event were over 30!! There were two guest DJs who were really great sports about having their photos taken (which made my job easier!) but then the Boy came out and the crowd went wacko! I had to protect my lenses from being swashed by the sheer force of the impact of the act of being sandwiched! But once a diva always a diva cause low and behold, he told some roadie guy to tell me to stop taking photos.

But it must have looked so funny now that I think about it!! I was so into my photojournalistic mode! Picture this - I was lying on the stage with my legs in various states of being crossed and propping myself up, leaning on my elbow, shoulder, knee, twisting myself into the shape of a Bonsai to get just the right shot, and at one point, I think I was almost in front of the `DJ booth` and I must have made quite a spectacle - here is the man who took the world by storm with his wacky hats and funky makeup, not sure if he was a boy or girl... and here I am, lying almost flat on my back, with this giant zoom lens jutting out from the bottom of the stage! I tried not to use the flash much (I know how performers hate that!) but I guess I would be annoyed if somebody would be poking their nose into my DJ time too! And I guess it does not help that he is gay cause I was looking smashing that night (I guess that is why those two other DJ`s were more than willing to let me take their photos!! LOL!!)

Well, dropped off the cd to the club owners today. I am just hoping that they like what they see and will be willing to hire me again.

I hope I hope I hope!


I will be going to see Daniel Lanois this Friday!! I love this man but every time I wanted to take photos of him, something always happened! The film was underexposed, the lab fucked up with the order, and then the last time, I forgot my camera!! So this time, I am taking my baby and the rest of her attachments if I have to shove them into my underwear and bra to get past security guards for this show!!

Ahh, summer here is grand! The jazz festival has started and all the streets are filled with music. I will take some snaps of those to post here as well...

And the play? We start rehearsals next week!! WOO HOO!!!

I can’t wait!There is something so magical about theater...

What a summer! And it’s only just begun!

No comments: