Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Memory foam and the space shuttle.

First, let me apologize for my untimely absence.


Aside from having sold out all the shows we had at the comedy nest (3 nights - 4 shows), I still have to remind myself. I am having a hard time believing it!!

I have been trying to catch up on some much needed rest and relaxation, trying to put my life and paperwork which has covered every inch of my office completely and just get back in to the groove. It has been a slow process, but I am getting there, paper by stupid sheet of paper!

So as it turns out, the Gay Pride parade went on last night. Apparently, it is one of the bigger ones in the world. I was supposed to be in it - with the rest of the Gals from Sex and La cité, but I was just too exhausted and the thought of me having to carry a banner for two hours while walking on the side of the car that they were going to be sitting in did not push my buttons. Although Charlotte (the director and Charlotte...) asked me last minute if I wanted to be the waitress, but I could not even see standing up in the back of a pickup truck for two hours, smiling and waving.


I don't know how the Queen and the Pope do it.

They must be doing some mean pectoral exercises to help them keep their arms up for that long!! And apparently is was a smashing success!! A friend of mine was at the parade and said as soon as the float for Sex and la cité came by, people by the thousands went MAD! Cheering and dancing (there was music playing in the pickup) that it was the highlight of the parade!! Well, I know that was the kind of publicity we needed to generate interest in our show in September during the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, transgendered theatre festival (now that was a mouth full).


In retrospect, I am a little bit disappointed that I missed it, but at the same time, its the four girls who make the show and with whom the people will identify with. Ahh, next one! I got to see myself on video!!

We got the DVD copy of one of the shows and I was laughing my ass off watching my performance as the Greeknd Italian mothers!! I could not bebeliev how over the top I was, and how people actually applauded!! It was interesting as I noticed that seemed rushed through my lines, so next time - pacing.

Caloovy, Angel A and Gama - I will have to make copies of the DVD which might take me some time, so I hope you don't mind waiting...

Anybody want a copy!? They would make great stocking ssuffersfor those friends and family who are big fans of the show Sex and the City!!! ;-P

Funny thing - I got a "memory foam" mattress. This is apparently the same kind of foam that was supposed to be used for the astronauts in the space shuttle for their mattresses (I thought they slept while floating around? Who knew?) but it never made it. I guess there were too many loose mattresses flying around at liftoff.

(hmm. I see a wacky comedy sketch there - astronauts being impaled by these huge sheets of foam - the try to out-float them, but they cant escape. Images of men and women - faces being swallowed up into a huge monolith of white sponge!!)

but I digress...

I have yet to try it! I put it on the bed today (I figured, what an appropriate day to do so - the space shuttle lift off and all) and am going to hit the foam soon. So why is this mattress topper so special? Well, it conforms to every curve of your body - its like sinking into a really big marshmallow but better (and less messy)! And the foam springs back slowly, so it does not gap or turn into a concave abyss once you have rolled over into another position. Well, Ill be sure to give you the report.

On another note: I don't know if I had mentioned this in previous blogs (maybe I have and will have to check cause if I have - then I am just going to creep myself out a whole lot...) but NYC has been calling me for months now. I had this "calling' to go there since January and I have no clue why, all I know and sense is that there is something there (or someone? not sure yet) that is waiting for me and this will once again, change the direction in my life. Just like the way I took on the play - following my gut instinct, and telling people back in January that it was going to be a success and sell out crowds, this feeling is so strong and gets stronger all the time!!

In the past few weeks, I have met up with about 5 people who either live in New York or will be visiting there in the next few months. I just spoke with an uber cool funky photographer who said that he would gallivant with me as we paint the town magenta, cyan and yellow (inside joke for photographers...) and not too long after , I got an email from a guy who happened to see my pix on flickr who HAPPENED to work on a movie I did this time last summer who now lives IN NEW YORK!! He said: "if you want to come down in August, you are more than welcome to stay here - my roommate is going to Europe for a month..."
Now how coincidental is that???????!!!!!!! I am flipping a wee bit!

And then there is a friend from Puerto Rico who is willing to make a detour from Chicago to meet me in NYC for a few days and explore the city together cause we are both virgin visitors! And - One of my bestest friends who I have not spoken to in ages called me up today to say hi. She lives part time in NYC and goes there to visit her family often...

These little town blues, are melting away,
I want to be a part of it -
New York - New York!!

Sometimes when you ask a question - throw it out there for the universe to help you find the right solutions, you get hit with a boomerang in the head - but ohh! How sweet the pain!!!

1 comment:

hellophotokitty said...

I didn't forget about you my dear!!
We should call eachother! I got a great long distance plan!!
xoox