Monday, July 18, 2005

WOW! Can we sell out more shows???!!

Just a quick posty wosty as I am getting ready to go out before I melt into a puddle of drippy flesh...

Well, we sold out....
EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOLD OUT THURSDAY, FRIDAY...

and the best:

BOTH SHOWS ON SATURDAY NIGHT!

PEOPLE WERE ACTUALLY TURNED AWAY AT THE DOOR ON FRIDAY NIGHT AND THE FIRST SHOW ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!

How insane is that?!?!?


I am still stunned!!!

And the show went really well, despite a lukewarm crowd Thursday ( we all left dejected and feeling a little off, despite the show`s owner telling us that people were not used to seeing a play, but a series of stand up comedians and that people were commenting on how amazing the play was.

Friday rocked!! The crowd loved every second of our play. People hollaring and cheering. It was surreal.

Saturday - both shows to a packed house - 9:30pm crowd amazing!
11pm crowd quiet, but loosened up at the end.
As we did our final bows, the director thanked the crowd, then Carrie(director) introduced her, Samantha (producer) and then grabbed me by the hand and said:
and our writer!!
And the crowd roared and cheered!!

I froze, but a good frozen.
With a silly goofy smile on my face.

Wow!

Then the aftershow party - the manager and staff of the club saying how great we were and then told me how amazing it was that is was my first play, and that is nothing short of brilliant.


I am dripping sweat, but still with this silly smirk on my face...

I have tons of funny stories and cool pix to share and will do so later today and tommorow. Hopefully, one day I will be able to put some of the video here.

Until then, stay tuned.
And beleive that sometimes little miracles do happen. ;-)



After the show party gave me chills

1 comment:

hellophotokitty said...

Thanks gang!! It makes me so happy to be able to share my joy with you, and if I could, I'd take this baby on the road and give you each a private showing!! Front row center (but please leave the tomatoes at home...) ;-)