Thursday, August 18, 2005

Another encore!??!?!

So it seems like the Sex and La Cité buzz just won't quit!!

We are scheduled to have three more shows - that's right, three more shows!! And that is only in September!!! We might have another repeat in October, around Halloween. A party that would rival the Rocky Horror Picture show, with contests a la Sex and the City (Who has the best shoes, who can do the best Carrie Bradshaw squeal, who can do the best Big saying "absofuckenutley", a drag queen contest and dress up as your favourite character). Audience participation would be the key, but that is still on the back burner for now. And there might be another possibility to play in a real theater - the Centaur in January. Big time shit. but we shall see...

So me?
Little old me?
Running on worn out shock absorbers and my tire treads are wearing thin,
but
I am doing cinematography for a trailer for an independant feature film this weekend. Basically, if things go well, then I get to do the whole feature, but that is being way ahead of myself. But it is Saturday and Sunday, pretty easy shots, but lots of people in a tiny space. I know the guy, super cool, and he is managing to get almost all the equipment for free (whereas 'normal' people would have to pay aroud $2000 for the weekend...) and lots of other important people backing him. I am a little nervous, I have to admit, but it's not like there is a $40,000 budget and producers hanging over my head!! Thank God I aced that one! Now I can look back and remind myself of this when I go into smaller shoots cause nothing will compare to that one (well, until I get a bigger one, but who knows when that will be!!)!

So I am off to study the camera - Canon XL1
...
Don't buy it.
It's a total peice of crap! (bit that's just my personal opinion...)
If you want to sink $4000 into a dv cam, go Panasonic, at least most of the body is made out of industrial plastic, not like this one. When I use it, I feel like I am playing with an oversized Barbie Video camera!! (btw - has anybody seen the "my first mobil phone" for kids!?!??! What the hell!? - "mommy, I am in my room and I have to go poo now..." And what's up with this and this!?!?

lol

No comments: