Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Sunset on a hot August night...

It seems like so much is happening to me at once - both the good and not so good, but I am trying to take it all in stride -live one day at a time, be mindful of myself and the world around me. This is the summer that has changed my life in so many ways...

When I took this photo, I had been inspired by the shots at dusk that I had shot for the indie film about two weeks ago. Everything seemed so still under the setting sun, everything bathed in a beautiful warm light. The sky, closing it’s eyes, getting ready for sleep.

I have some stunning shots of these moments and will post them soon.

When I look at this photo, I don’t think of it as a sunset, I think of it as a new day stretching it’s wings, announcing - `I will be back tomorrow`!! This is how I now see my path unfold in front of me...

I am working at the club this weekend - Thursday and Sunday - and last weekend was a blast (will post more photos of those crazy events soon). I am going to have a little solo exposition in an upscale ice cream-sorbet shop near my place. I am finishing my CBT the day after tommorow and I bought a notebook to record all my progress. I could not believe the timing. It was right there, in front of me, as if to say: buy me!

On the beautiful seafoam green cover it said in embossed writing:

I am still learning...

Michelangelo


I am still learning, and this is the begining of another lesson and journey.

1 comment:

hellophotokitty said...

Gama, please feel free to write a poem about it/inspired by it.
You know, my pix are your pix.
xooxoxo