Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Reaching out for a little bit of flickr loving...

You know, sometimes the internet is a wonderful place to be, to meet people, to exchange ideas, to reach out into the world. Sure there are bad ways and good ways of doing it, but I must admit, being able to reach out to people, knowing that my work is changing their lives is something more than money could ever buy. It makes me feel like I have purpose, like my art and the sharing of my art with the world makes a difference...

Here are some of the quotes/testimonials people have written for me...

"Kitty is a true chameleon. I love her images and always look forward to what new places she'll take us.Whether it be backstage, in the club, or in the bedroom.Her images strike the spark that starts the raging bonfire of beauty, art, love and desire.Her confidence and power shine through and inspire."
inkycat

"Kitty is the kind of person that brings a smile to your face by only thinking about her.I find in Kitty a splendid example of a 'full' person: intelligent, daring - yet at same time sensitive and listening. She has the gift of superb sense of humor and no less than that and very rare to find - beautiful self awareness of a whole person up to the finest intimate erotic shades.Put them all together and you'll find Kitty, a person I consider myself lucky to have met in this flickr world."
Baracute

"hpk is one amazing woman that is a true delight..from the very sensual to music images..in between all this is a rare talent and joy..." alfarman

shadowbox says:"Sensual, sassy, chic and seething with moxie...much like that favorite city of mine from which she hails. Oh and she takes pretty pictures, too."

viewfinder says:"for me, this is a place to say "wow." i never intend to say it, but kitty draws it from me every time I'm here, as easily as she might drape an arm around my shoulders, look into my eyes, kiss my cheek.you see, kitty's pics come with a touch -- like the caress, the look, the kiss -- also the slap, the embrace, the thrust... they breathe, and sigh, and moan, and live.we shooters all approach the geometry of our art differently, that personal vector that somehow describes a line from our eye to the world and back again... some of us hide therein and some of us with it reveal some truth, some axiomatic essence of self. kitty is very much the latter of the two, for which I appreciate and admire her very much."

Klugarsh says:"Understands & achieves the ART of photography, to which most of us seem unaware, indifferent, or impotent.& Canadian to boot."

drp says:"Raw.
Sincere.
Emotional.
Erotic.
Genuine.
Sexual.
Courageous.

These are not taboo words.
Nor are they negative traits.
They are real. Human.

HPK presents life as such. In all of its grit and glory. Some might be offended.
Oh well.
Your loss.

This is life, as art, as life.
I, for one, admire it.
And her.

Keep going, HPK."

I can't tell you how amazing it is to have people say that about me and my work. I have to re-read each of these things when I am feeling down and sad - doubting myself and my work, which I have been doing alot lately.

Perhaps too much, to the point of possibly being self destructive.

But to everything - turn, turn, turn.

God did not make everything in a day, and on the last day, he rested!!
Rest - seems like a foreign language tern to me lately...


I just got this from a new flickr friend - we were talking about the strange closeness of the internet community and how people meet...

I think that the web, and the communities on the web that are forming now, are a type of compression and expansion of the human experience, and that out of the sheer millions of people online at any point make running into a like spirit so out there, that it must be destiny.

Destiny? Perhaps.
I like to think that there is a bigger plan - that my photos and my writings are out there and touching people's lives for a reason.

My suffering was not in vain.
And my joys were for sharing...


One last closing comment from my sweet friend tracey - the dak

Indeed, your work is reaching out to an inspired mass often in awe of your talent; I'm flattered that you think my pictures are cool - thank you. :) I'd never really thought about that - the hope of making a difference in somebody's life with my work - it makes more sense the more i think about it, and if anything, it's an awesome emotional perk to a frustrating, tiring artist.

and yes it is tracey -
yes it is...

2 comments:

angel-A said...

hello Kitty!
i don't like contests, but took a minute to nominate you as the most beloved and outstanding/inspiring flickr member 0;-D

http://www.flickr.com/groups/topic/50621/

and you really ARE without any contests - i vote for you, dear!

Anonymous said...

Darlink Kitty!

I wish there were some more concrete - in the flesh - way to let you know how much I truly meant the words I said in the testimonial I wrote for you.
I know there is a way, and I know I keep promising to get the money. It will come. And your wonderful print will be mine! I swear on my granny's grave!
Lovies, Summer