Monday, December 17, 2007

inspiration on a cold winter afternoon

Got this from a friend. It was too beautiful not to share.

her little girl (only a year and a half) got horribly ill and was in the hospital with a stomach flu. I'm in awe with her ability to be so calm and so zen. Perhaps all that time in Nepal helped her through the chaos.

Speaking of which - the shoots went really well. I too am sick as a dog - all that adrenaline kept the flu away - now it's back full force, like the winter storm we just had. Alex is off to Brazil for two weeks. Hope he brings back some sunshine for me...


got back with her last night. she's lost 4 pounds. she's like a tiny angel in my arms. glazed eyes and a tired smile. but at least she smiles. and she can drink and hold down her liquid. still having awful fluorescent green diarrhea but she's on her way back.

it was a very buddhist experience to watch over her. one moment at a time. no future, no past, only now. the immediate need in this moment. minute after minute. days adding to days.

yesterday the montreal police came to sing carols and hand out presents to the sick kids. santa gave me a hug. i lost it in his arms. he stroked my hair so gently and brushed away my tears. sirianna gave a faint smile at the dog she got as a present. hope was restored anew.

slow cab ride home late last night. the whole city covered in protective snow. i left the little one with my husband and took the dogs to the park where we ran mad in the snow. then i lay still in a snowbank and let the whiteness cover me.

soon it's x-mas.

No comments: