Thursday, November 07, 2013

Coincidences

Strange things happen to me all the time. That's one of the reasons I stated this blog. There is a time when coincidences happen too often to be coincidences - I like to call them "a hammer on the head from the universe". A shout out to let you know that you are either on the right or wrong path. But thankfully, it's been more "good job" pokes rather than "you've really messed up".

A few weeks ago, I came across a painting literally shoved in a web of tangled dead vines on the side of a building. It was from the movie Amelie (which in French is "Le fabulous destin de Amelie Poulin" - the fantastic destiny of Amelie Poulin.

I had never seen that film. Kinda brushed it off as a sucky euro romance. But I knew that the randomness of a painting, on a canvas, stuck on a wall, on the side of a building in downtown Montreal was too strange not to be "a sign of sorts".

But what?
I had no clue.

Well, I watched the film and fell in love with it. It's about a young woman who takes control of other's and eventually her own destiny. A lovely love story of faith and trust in the universe and oneself. Something I had been struggling to comprehend and apply to my life for some time.


I was struck by the incredible beauty of this finding. And thanked the universe for the message. I needed to take control of my life. My destiny. My future. Because I could.

Well, today I had a meeting with an author who is writing her first novel. A beautiful story of love, sacrifice and how sometimes, life can surprise you.

I had been hired to make the book trailer and was over to listen to a selection of music. The consensus was unanimous. - a delicate piano piece evocative of the melancholy mood of the piece.

Well, go figure.
The piece of music we chose was a piano piece from the movie Amelie.

Oh the beauty of random events that come together to form a big picture.

So yes to moving forward with this trailer - taking charge of my life, moving into the future without fear. And it's a sign to believe.

No comments: