Thursday, June 16, 2005

Talk of the town!

So the play is a roaring hit! Last night was wonderful! The energy was high and we played to a sold out - standing room only crowd. There was one point where Samantha attacks the guy (Gino) that she picks up at a bar and leans him against a table, but this time, the table broke!! Nobody was hurt, but it made for an interesting ad lib! We all went with the flow - and I ran on stage yelling: "Oh Dio Mio! Gino what are you doing?!! And what have you done to my table?!?!"

The rush is still rushing in my head and I can't believe that after Sunday, the gang that I spent 6 months of my life with will be over. Well, not 'over' but there will not be the project that linked us all together. I guess that means I have to write another play then!!

Here are some of the comments people have been leaving behind on the fringe website:

If these people can turn a Mae west orgy into a spectacle, then I am looking forward to what they can do with a spoof of a sequel!! I heard from a friend who heard from a friend who heard from someone who saw one of the rehearsals that it is gut busting pee in your pants funny!! Gotta see it!

"Charlotte, have a cup of 'shut the fuck up' " - and other one line zingers had me in stitches! Funniest thing since Cheese Whiz!! A MUST SEE!! They all look so much like their characters - quite uncanny! A must see for all fringers!!


Oh my god!!! SO SO SO SO SO funny!! The house was packed and everyone was howling w/ laughter. The cast even looks like the girls! Do not miss this show.!


Alright . . . this show isn\'t good. Stop with the good reviews! The whole show revolves around a gimmick . . . that the characters are played by drag queens. Which is funny for all of 120 seconds. There is nothing else creative or good about this piece. YES, they look VERY much like the TV characters . . . but should they get laurels for the show just because of that?! NO! Hmmm. The characters are played by drag queens?



It's smart - true to the TV show, not only do the girls look like the originals, they have the characters mastered. Throw in a hilarious supporting cast and a genuinely sharp script and it's a hoot. OK - maybe I didn't belly laugh all the way through (which isn't to say that I didn't at all - I did), but I did get that warm glow that Carrie Bradshaw and co weren\'t quite done...This is a fun. fun show!


Really funny!! I thoroughly enjoyed it - well written and well acted! In fact I will go back to hear the lines that I missed because the audience was laughing so much!!! Great show!!!


Not sure if the last reviewer saw the same show, or slept through the production! These girls (not drag queens!) play their characters so well I had to remind myself a couple of times that it wasn't Kim or Cynthia on stage playing Samantha and Miranda. Lots of laughs and well set in the Montreal context. If you enjoyed Sex in the City then this is a must see. Contrary to what is being said by the poster above, the cast is not made up of drag queens! (although there are some in the show).


Sex in la Cite isn't gimmicky; it's a funny and entertaining play. The cast totally has these characters nailed. They deserve extra kudos for that. If you want to be entertained - you can't go wrong.


Contrary to what is being said by the poster above, the cast is not made up of drag queens! (although there are some in the show). Sex in la Cite isn't gimmicky - it's a funny and entertaining play. The cast totally has these characters nailed. They deserve extra kudos for that. If you want to be entertained - you can't go wrong. PS - the venue has air conditioning AND sells beer! whoo-hoo!


"Abso*?!@inglutely" fantastic show... SALC has somehow managed to capture the spirit of SATC exquisitely - not an easy feat! Every bit of the sexiness, hilarity and charm of the girls\' adventures in New York was brought back to life in Mile End in with some very clever, uniquely Montrealais twists... The actresses portraying the four main characters simply NAILED their characters - body language, facial expressions, the real deal.. Not to mention the lines they were given; the script was freshly punny and yet true to the original style, over-the-top in just the right places - I wasn't the only audience member actually howling with laughter! Drag show at Chez Mado, Melissa Ethridge, Gino (sorry) dance routine at Thursdays... me, I loved this show, bro. You, bro, you go see it.


i am an avid watcher of sex and the city. I came to see this show with ALOT of expectations. I was not disapointed AT ALL! it was fantastic.. i loved the girls..(carrie good but abit whinny at times) samantha>she's awesome, really WOW! miranda and charlotte are funny as well. i LOVED the other performers, the singers were bang on!...thought the show reflected montreal and all it\'s personality and it's sexuality.... Therefore i recommend that all of you see this show and enjoy it for what it is> a really cool and well executed fringe show!!!


Wow!...WOw!!...WOW!!! Finally a show in the fringe that SCREAMS TALENT! Professionally handled...and those Drag Queens! WOWZA PASCAL! Not to mention those four gorgeous girls! WELCOME BACK LADIES!!!WE MISSED YOU!


I loved it! I wasn't expecting much, but boy, was I pleasantly surprised! The show was terrific - the cast has the characters down pat, and the writing is fantastic - funny, witty, fast-paced, and clever! Great show! Definitely a "DO NOT MISS" show!


Christine Ghawi carries the play very well, and Anne McMaster and Alexandra Valassis have the speech and gestures of Miranda and Samantha down pat. The play is wicked funny and really alot of fun.Peter Koussioulas is gonna be huuuge bro!


The main characters are bang on and loads of fun (and so are the supporting ones!!!). In fact, I'm sure the original staff in NYC would get some great laughs watching this as well!!! I had a few friends join me for the show and they all shared my opinion. Loved it! Now, go and enjoy it while you still can!!! Well, done everyone!!!


Painful, painful, painful... i\'ve watched plenty of sex and the city and this made me laugh very slightly once or twice. why is this show selling out?


Good show!!! Interesting twist on some characters ... P.S. Peter is a hunk ... I would have loved to be in Alexandra's position.

We think that the people who wrote the bad review (at least the first one) were not at the show because the drag queens don't appear until about 15 minutes into the play!

Well, you can't please everybody...

2 comments:

Russell Ragsdale said...

Way to be hpk!

hellophotokitty said...

Thanks my dears! I just hope the judges think so too!