Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A quick pop in while I can!

Hello my dears!
I just wanted to pop in to let you know what has been going on!
CHAOS!!

We are having our first show on SATURDAY!! YEP!! THAT'S IT!

SATURDAY the 11th at 7:30pm!

I am soo nervous!! I have been loosing sleep over this - I have this fear that I will go on stage and freeze when I hear the people laughing. Imagine that - me standing on the stage, with curlers in my hair, a god awful nightgown, silly slippers and looking like an angry Greek/Italian mother!! It will be a sight to behold that is for sure!!

We have been rehearsing since last week and this week we are stepping up the pace - every night until showtime. We are doing full dress rehearsals - which means that we have to do our scenes and change in and out of costume in the allotted time (60 minutes). It's pretty chaotic. 12 People running around, looking for the right props and clothes - and we are rehearsing in somebody's apartment - not even on stage yet and we are still all over the map, but I have the uttmost faith that everybody will shine - Big will be the best big, Carrie will be as charming and quirky as ever, Miranda and Steve will be lovingly neurotic (along with the Bride of Chuckie doll!!), Charlotte and Samantha will wow them with their wacky and wild personalitlies. Then we have Pascal - the drag queen extrodinare who kills me and puts me into stictches every time he does his fake french canadian accent (and those legs!! Better than mine! I am so jealous!), the wacky waitreess/Mellisa Ethridge/aspiring waitress/Carrie Bradshaw groupie (and talk about doing multiple roles! Hats off to her!) and the two mooks - Gino and Sprio (who also have multiple roles) - I stand in awe in front of these people. As a group - it's incredible the amount of chemestry and energy we have together! And on their own, they are some of the most amazing, tallented and beautiful people I have met in such a long time.

God. I hope that this never ends, that we will continue to work together, that this is not just a one shot deal/flash in the pan.

I hope not...

But I have faith - and today, I was reminded that "HPK - you wrote this! Has it hit you yet, as you sit here, listening to the lines that you wrote!?!" It was true - this is my baby. People will be laughing at my jokes! And so many jokes packed into one play! They are one after another! Pretty outrageous! I asked a friend to take photos during out last dress rehearsal at the venue - hopefully he will be there and the pix will turn out! As soon as I get them, I will post them!!

And the photo thing is going well! I was part of an exposition lately and it went really well. Didn't sell anything, but made some amazing contacts, met up with a good friend of mine who I had not seen in 14 years (he still kept my poems that I wrote him 14 yeas ago!! I was so touched!! he was like my brother - keeping me out of trouble and my shoulder to cry on when I needed it.) He wants me to work on a calendar he is making soon - and it's funny - all these people who are popping into my life lately - old friends that I have not seen in YEARS, new friends that I am making - how the play came together and how I am making contacts through that, it's pretty wild and exciting!

And, AND - this woman called me who saw my website and wanted to know if I wanted to do some product shots for her and her company. This might be a steady gig and I am really excited to start! WOW! My head is spinning - I must try to keep it on in one piece!

So on that note, I am posting a few photos from the impromptu shoot that I did Saturday (the unexpected job that just fell into my lap!) and talk about 6 degrees of separation - the girl in the photo knows the main character - the girl playing Carrie in my play!! WILD WILD WACKY SHIT!!

Here is her website - http://www.killerboots.ca
Very cool girl - and her name is the same as mine - but she spells hers with a C.
Strange coincidences!!

Whooooooooooooo ...

No comments: