Sunday, February 26, 2006

Feel the coincidence and do it anyway...

Strange weekend.

Friday was just too bizarre.

I asked the universe for some answers, and I got hit in the head with one of those cartoon anvils - you know, the standard "Acme" type El coyote in the Bugs Bunny Cartoons - flying from the sky, crushing him into an accordion...

Well, after that afternoon, I took some anti-biotics to clear up some nasty infection, but luck would have it, these monster pills made me so sick, I have been in bed for the past 3 days.

I was supposed to go to a party last night. E went because he was part of the band, but I stayed behind, huddled under the covers, in front of the tube, cats pretending they were bookends on either side of my body. I slept on and off, feeling like a heap of wet rags, I went to bed early.
Midnight on a Saturday night is really early for me.

I woke up, stumbled around the house, heard E on the phone and made my way into the living room to find my cell phone. Trying to get my balance and shield my eyes from the afternoon sunlight, I felt my way into the shade towards the couch. Before I managed to sit down, I saw a book lying there.

It was a book that I lent to someone two years ago, a book that I have been waiting to get back for the longest time.

"Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway"

I had asked myself Monday night if I had the strength and conviction to stick to the course that my life is about to take - if I want it. If I can handle it. I took some quite time inbetween naps to roll it around in my mind.

And there is was - the answer. Staring me in the face was another breadcrumb on the way to my ultime goal that I have been secretly holding on to for so long - getting back into filmmaking.

feel the fear and do it anyway

I guess that strange coincidence answered my question.


***

off to sleep.
2mrw is a big day.
I will transcribe my Friday night dictation so I can post it here - make it real, readable.

Do it anyway...

No comments: