Thursday, March 01, 2007

could not come too soon

I received another testimonial on flickr today.
It will take a few hours for it to go 'live' but had to document the joyous moment here first.

Photography is a self-centered guilty pleasure. Aside from the odd assignment, I often take pictures for myself, and often (well, not too much latley) of myself, but when a photo is able to reach out, strike a chord with somebody, change their life in the most minute way, I feel as if my quest to pursue photography as a life path is not in vain.

which reminds me - the vernisage for the McGill 'diversity' show is tonight. It would have been a good thing for me to be there, talk about my 'blue' series, but I'm still too sick. The farthest I'm going to make it is the medical clinic a few metro stops away. But I'll be able to hang out with the organizers during my lunch break - answer any questions first hand as people walk by: students, profs, workers around the university.

Insomniac_Goddess says: "HPK is a constant inspiration. A keen eye for natural and architectural beauty, the human form, and an ability to render emotion and ring it out of every pixel. Her work is often a reminder that it is the journey, not the destination, that counts. I'm so grateful to have been introduced to her and her work and wish her the best of luck in all her endeavors. Muah! :)"

that really makes my day...

No comments: