Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Shadow Walking


Shadow Walking
Originally uploaded by Tomitheos.
This is my good friend Tom. He is taking his cat Nipsy for her last walk. She died yesterday. She was 19 and her health began to deteriorate quickly over the past month.

This image is so bittersweet. I can imagine the pain and sadness that overcomes somebody when the enviable passing of a furry friend because it's happened to me. After those moments that ripped my heart to pieces, I vowed never to get another cat again - because it just hurt too much to say goodbye, but in my house run two 7 year old cats whom I adore. Their death is the furthest thing from my mind right now, even though I know that someday I too will have to say goodbye.

Tom, I weep as I type this. I am so very very sorry for your loss. Nipsy was a gift of love and light, and I am so happy I had a chance to see her, and understand what you meant when you said she was special.

May she rest in peace, and may your pain lessen as each day passes.

No comments: