Saturday, July 25, 2009

a letter to a friend with news on mom and reflections on the "c" word


I have to make this short, it's been a long fucken day
Surgery went well - they got the shit out - including her appendix.
They are pretty sure it was the cancer coming back - she said something weird:
"I might have to retire - the cancer is aggressive, and it will come back again and i'm okay with that..."


Every time i hear this it makes me think of resignation
"Yea, but your tumors - the others that they thought were the "end all of your life - the last batch - shrunk and disappeared..."


"yea, you're right..."


Its so hard to be fighting for her.
I know that i will have some fighting of my own to do soon too. It will only be a matter of time until I get something to do with skin cancer - my chances are now up to 85% that i will get it in my lifetime (it also runs in families) - both parents with cancer, the shit that is up with my cervix (they found abnormal cells - see the doctor in september...) if something happens to me, i won't be able to take care of her...


fucken hell. the mind is starting to spiral again.
not good.
but i don't have cancer yet, and she is on the road to recovery, but i can't help but have all this shit hang in the back of my mind all the time....


anyway sweetie - sorry to sound like a downer.
I need sleep - long day today followed by another 2mrw.


It's so hard to be positive when you are so tired.
Why is that so?
If being happy takes so much effort, how can being happy be a good thing?

Doing my silly monologue thing.
Dangerous when i find myself starting to sound like Carrie Bradshaw mind melting with Camus...

No comments: