Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New Medication and New attention

So two more antibiotics at the same time for 14 days. Serious infection = serious meds. Might have to go for another CT scan, another ultrasound till we get to the bottom of things. Very disconcerting, but I am delighted despite all this health crap that is going on.

Two big things - artween.com
I'm the "artist of the week". Not bad I say.
I guess there are people out there who consider my art worth a look. My stuff will be up for a week. This is the same place that two art galleries saw my work - Ukraine and Morocco. I've been putting out the feelers to Germany, the UK, Island, UAE and Japan, all of whom I think might be interested in my photography.

Hell, if I've had +5 shows in New York city (including one solo photography show), my work must be good...

And also got 3 pieces into a HUGE event taking place this weekend at one of the conference centers here in the city.

Huge...
And this time, I'm not selling my stuff short either. 1000$ and up per piece.
This group has money to throw at this kind of art, and I'm hoping that somebody will take the leap and buy something.

Individuals in Seattle, Detroit, Arizona, New York, Toronto now own my art,  but not in my own city.

Weird.
Hopefully that will change this weekend...


But alas, some people think my work is obscene, low brow and offensive...


whatever...



My new year's resolution - be fearless and don't let the "bastards get you down."

Art is a nasty business, and I think after all these years, i've paid my dues.

No comments: