Tuesday, April 13, 2010

and that's 200$ please

"the visit is covered by medicare, but that's another 200$ for your next ultrasound of the breast tissue..."


200$ for the follow up ultrasound from last year's 2nd biggest scare (first, the precancerous cells on the cervix, lump in breast tissue, a close 2nd, but not by much)


waited 3 hours for my GP today. Was in tears when I saw her.

The pain, unbearable.

Spoke with the nurse there, told her my symptoms. She was from Syria and trained to be a doctor (women's health) but decided to become a nurse instead.

We both theorized what this could be. We both ran down the symptoms. We were both perplexed.

"and all the ultrasounds and MRI and CT scans found nothing?"

I was used to saying this.

"no no no - nothing at all"

"But you are in so much pain. Your blood pressure is up. It's obvious you are suffering a great deal."

"heavy narcotics help, but only so much..."

"I hope they find out what this is."

me too...

Breast doc next week.
G-scope in two mondays, and then surgery two days after that.

Must remember to take the paper that says I'm "a bleeder". Don't want a repeat of the last surgery where i needed 4 pints of blood to stabilize me.

I should bank my blood. Get some cash to pay my medical bills.

Wait a minute, I can't sell it. I have Von Wilderbrand's disease.


It would be so very fucken nice to be healthy, and to have money to pay for all this care...

2 comments:

Auvery Eva said...

it must be hard to have to find the money for health care. here , yes, you can get better quicker service if you pay. and I scrape around to pay for alternative treatments that help. but things fall apart a bit. But with old severe pain that makes me so bad tempered, I can go to the doctor and not pay and get a prescription and not pay. try a new anii inflammatary that seems okish with my stomach...my severe pain at moment is breat but it is muscle and chest wall, though I regularly get physical examination as both mother & grandmother had breast cancer.
Sometimes you just have to laugh (tho I'm not today). Odd some people say that the laugh and the smiles are false...but one can laugh at irony at the black hunour of life. but augh too much and it can get lonley inside.

hellophotokitty said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you are in so much pain my dear :-((( But your squeaky wheel does seem to get the grease, but we always ask, but what does that process of squeaking do to me?

Anti-infamatories - I know them well. my whole family does actually. All on my mother's side. I'm taking them too, but lately have opted for Aleive which is less chaotic on my stomach, but mom is on prednisone and that's a doozy!

And laughing. Yes, if I don't laugh, I cry, so sometimes, it's good to force yourself to do so (laugh that is). I believe that there is something in that brain mechanism that actually changes some of the body's receptors/responses to pain. When I'm really feeling crappy, I slap on some "smack the Pony" episodes and I'm feeling fine!

Check them out on youtube - Smack the Pony. 60 seconds of pure hysterics!

Take care my dear. You are always in my prayers and thoughts :-))