Monday, September 27, 2010

black eye from a dog

no, i did not fall down the stairs
no, i didn't walk into a door either.
And a big no - to my husband beating me.

I got a black eye from a dog last night.

Was at a friend's party and his husky seemed quite zen, walking from room to room, foraging for food, until near the end of the night, i guess he was getting irritated. I went to pet him and he turned around and snapped at my face, his muzzle and one tooth narrowly missed my eye. I have a cut there now, and a black eye.

Lovely.

Mom: "You might get rabies! Make sure he had his shots!!"

oi vey.

So ice, and lots of hydrogen peroxide. This story is one for the record books...

2 comments:

Emmanuela de León said...

one did that to me, when i was a child. my great-aunt's animal. i'd made these fabulous mud pies, fully decorated with (what i am sure) were edible flowers, and i wanted the hound to eat it. when it resisted, i pushed its head. hello, bite to the eye.

years later, my eldest daughter was about the same age i'd been. she was rolling a ball on a friend's kitchen floor . . . and scrambled to retrieve it from a hound's food bowl. hello, bite to the eye.

i have no love of hounds.

xo

hellophotokitty said...

Ouch!! Those sound mighty nasty! Oh dogs.. They can be so aggressive (most of the ones I have met at least...). I'm a cat person myself. At least when I lay down next to them, my teeth and body are still bigger than theirs...