Friday, January 06, 2006

how crazy is this???!!!

I just got word from a friend of mine in the biz. I met him when I was in NYC. We all had our photos as part of the flickr expo. He is super cool and is from LA and is now in NYC producing and doing cinematography for some work of his own. When I was down there about 3 weeks ago, we talked about doing some work together in the future. He saw my films and was very impressed with my cinematography and had a huge discussion about what life is like in the film biz. It was all really great - getting the other side of things. Needless to say, I was really happy that I had made this great contact who I considered to be a mentor for future work and cinema insight. God knows that I am going to need all the help I can get at this point!!!

So onto today. Here is my horoscope for the week beginning tomorrow. I am flipping....

Your Weekend: How far away is the future? About as far away as the past. And how far is that? Well, in one way, yesterday is distant and irrecoverable, yet the memory of it is instantly accessible. We can't remember tomorrow but that doesn't mean we can't instinctively instantly 'know' something of what it contains. You need, this weekend, to think about what you want to happen. Then you need to recognize that if you really work for this, you can make it happen. 2006 is not, repeat not, going to be a rerun of 2005.


I got an email from him about 10 minutes ago. He has a gig for me at the end of the month. 250/day cash for 3 day shoot. I'd be staying at his place (which is right in Manhattan) and I would be working with some really cool people. After that, he has another gig for me in February - low pay but the hours are long and working with a great crew and they are actually submitting these shorts for an Emmy in the new media category.


I am flipping. Nothing is written in stone - yet, but I am soo pumped. I am almost on the verge of hyperventilating!! AHAHHAH!


Can this be real? Can my dreams actually be starting to take shape?! I am freakign out. But the only thing is my mom's surgery. She goes in on the 17th of this month and will be in bed for the next month with her whole skin graft. I have a feeling that she will tell me to go - she knows ho much this means to me, but at the same time, I still would feel terribly guilty leaving her behind in a post-op state, especially since it's not an operation for apendeticis - it's fucken cancer... Well, time to ask the universe for a helping hand. And I'll need a big one at that!!!

Wish me luck...

No comments: