Tuesday, April 17, 2007

1 year ago

exactly one year ago, mom started her chemotherapy.

And she is now chemo free - and hopefully cancer free too.

Then the wait begins - the wait for the PET scan, the wait for the results, then the wait for the next scan, the next set of results.

We both don't want to think of the worst case scenario, so every day is lived to the fullest, telling each other we are so happy that the other is alive and the time spent together is wonderful.


It's funny because as I begin to slide into a deeper depression, she is beginning to come out of one - rejuvenated and with a second chance on life.

My worst fear is that the only thing that will shake me out of my slump would be something like she had to go through, but at this point, I don't know if I'd have the will to fight it.

So very tired
so very very tired...


I planned a surprise party for her tomorrow afternoon. Told all the profs and students. Two huge carrot cakes sit taking up all the space and cold air in my fridge. Will have to cab it in and grab my camera bag along for the ride.

I don't think she suspects anything.

Oh and I know that she will be soo happy.

"And the times I thought that I was too weak to continue, I looked around me, and saw how blessed I was with all the people who love me and supported me through the whole thing - and it's as if through their love, I was able to survive and go through it."


You've come a long way mom - and everybody is cheering you on...

2 comments:

Eric Hancock said...

Wonderful news. My best wishes to her.

hellophotokitty said...

Thank you eric. You're so sweet.