Tuesday, April 24, 2007

on the road - again...?


Bad news:
my images came down before they were supposed to - three days before they were supposed to. That really pissed me off big time. The reason is still unclear, but it seems like it was planned beforehand, and was slipped under my radar in a very sneaky way.

but I can't complain - in the big scheme of things - I did get my very first solo show in New York City: a place that embraced my work when galleries in Canada wouldn't even touch it with a 20 foot pole.

and it is new york city...

**
the ride down was brutal. Those overnighters usually are. Popped a whole ativan and slept most of the way there. Got one of those silly neck pillows - puffy foamy donut boas that sit on your shoulders. Kept my head from bobbing around and onto the person next to me.

got in about 7am. Met up with E and had a great breakfast. She's such a doll. It's been a while since I had a real girl pow wow/power bitch session. Needed to get that load off.

went to see S in central park while he was working. Hung out a bit, told me about his new job. Friendly yadda yadda.

Went to the club to pick up the pix. No real explanation except an "oh well. Sorry..."

I was too tired to argue and too upset to yell, so I let it slide.
Next time - get it all in writing.

E came to pick me up and we drove out to BF nowhereville East Flatbush.
so much for priceline.com!!!

crashed and then went out for dinner. Saturday was spent at a great bar called the Red Lion where we saw two AMAZING bands - and had a blast dancing and taking lots of pictures.

Sunday we vegged (I slept until 3:30pm) - went into the city and met with E later on. Hung out at a really campy Karaoke bar, but actually got into the fun (almost went up to sing - almost. About two beers shy of making a fool of myself). E came later and then S showed up - Mr. Rock star. Funny dude.

The next day we stumbled out of East Flatbush middle of nowhere and headed home - frames in the trunk, hand in my pocket, and my first solo expo under my belt.

That's the good news -

My first show EVER in New York...

I can't let what happened get to me, considering the chance I was given. Makes me very zen - thankful for everything. Taking the bad with the good.

Sad tho - kind of an end of an era
just ready for another one to begin...

And it did:

got an email that my live show pix will be at the Rivoli for the month of May!!
Logistics are going to be difficult - shipping, printing, more money, but I can't stop to think about all this shit. I just gotta ride the wave and know that I will remember how to float.

but I am tired, so very tired.
All of this is catching up to me.

I need sleep but can't seem to find the time. How odd is that?

No comments: