Friday, February 12, 2010

Michel Bubble and the marvels of modern science...

Had my mri the other day. Got a bit worried when the technician said that the radiologist wanted to see my ultrasounds to "compare". Guess they found something because if they didn't they wouldn't need another scan to "compare" it to!

That made me quite nervous actually.

The scan lasted about 45 minutes and man, was it loud!!! Thank God they gave me noise canceling headphones (big honking earphones) and piped in some Michel Bubble to pass the time. The actual sound was in mono, but it helped to take my mind off being in this magnetic doughnut while my atoms were being spun around and around.

oh yea, had a mild allergic reaction to the thingamajig they had to inject into me to get a clearer image. A huge rash, some heart palpitations, but nothing too serious.

Small mercies...

The pain was so bad last night I had to bite the narcotic bullet and take the morphine. It did work, but it also made me agitated. It's hard to sleep in 15 minute intervals. The sun was coming up and i was trying to find solace sandwiching myself between two pillows.

and so the journey continues...

No comments: