Monday, February 01, 2010

scan me till i glow

scan me till i glow


Wednesday MRI
reports to be sent to (let me count...1...2...3..4)

4 different doctors, all on the case of this mystery diagnosis.

The pain is still there. I was doubled over with it last night after e was kind enough to take me to have a nice dinner.

Painkillers last night - kept me up until 6am. Got up at 11am with extreme nausea.
Side effect of the meds.

Next step - PET scan?
Exploratory surgery?
That will be fun - two different doctors from two different specialties. Tag team scrub in. I hope they don't keep me open for too long. Last time i had surgery, i was on a fast track for a kidney transplant, bled out like a spigot.

Must tell the doctors: "i'm a bleeder"...

2 comments:

Auvery Eva said...

I had to smile at the "must tell doctors I'm a bleeder". they come round with their clip board and ask all these questions, take down your answers then ignore them. THEN act surprised at the consequences! e.g. "oh my god what have I done to your face" - I told you I bleed and bruise easily... And as for ignoring arthritis in the neck because I appear to be mobile and wondering about why I am throwing up from such pain after having not looked after my neck during surgery. Glad I can laugh after...eventually.

hellophotokitty said...

Oh my dear - you have no idea how imperative it is to laugh about these things cause if we don't then we cry, which ends up putting us in more pain.

I hear you about the doctors "ignoring" things you tell them. Perhaps it's just being overworked, but it is frustrating! Did that actually happen to you? Gawh, that is awful! I hope you managed to get the pain under control eventually!