Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Really. I mean, really!?!?

Really. I mean REALLY?
You got to give me a fucken break...

this just goes to show you that being an actual "skilled photographer" these days means absolute shit. Any kid can pick up a digital camera and call themselves "an artist".


case in point...
this person got the People's choice award.

I know this person and must say that it's a shame that he did not get the top prize.
This man is brilliant. He is a male Cindy Sherman. All those people in the photo? All him. I was lucky enough to meet 2Fik and must say, that it won't be long before his work will be at the Centre Pompidou in France.

but that other person?
REALLY?!?!
I mean, wtf?

I was sooo utterly discouraged when i saw that.
Seems like my "blue series" that i submitted did not even make a blip on the radar.

Photography, is now becoming even more like show business. It's not what you do, it's who you know. It's not about skill but the right way to market yourself to the right people.

What's next? a 7 year old who takes the world by storm with her 'brilliant self portraits"?

"oh, i was bored and daddy left his camera behind when he went to work. I just pressed a few buttons, and I made some pretty pictures..."

Time to hang up my camera.
Seriously.


I have no strength to fight this shit anymore.
It's a lose lose battle.

Things just keep on getting worse.

e was on his way to pay his license and registration.
he got nabbed by the cops at random.
400$ ticket, plus 350$ for the registration he was just about to pay.

and that is just the most recent bad luck this poor boy has had.

when it rains...

When you think things can't get any worse, they usually do...

I'm too sick to work. We have no money.
The sky is falling and i have a hole in my umbrella.

take me away...

No comments: