Monday, November 29, 2004

I'll take a crateload please...

Well, not only is the Christmas season here, so is my &#$ken period. Sometimes I am lucky and have a 'visitor' who does not leave a mess in my house - who is very quiet, non- obtrusive, peeks in once and a while to let me know they are there, and then leaves as quickly as they came. Other times, (like this week) I get the fat obnoxious relative that lets everybody know they are there - trumpeting the fact that they are going to stay as long as they want and make life as miserable for me as they possibly can! These are the times that I really don't get excited about being a woman...

So this big obnoxious relative storms into my house, bringing lots and lots of heavy luggage, throwing it around my room like a typhoon hitting a Barbie doll house, doing the 'pop in' at times I least expect them, catching me completely off guard. Once I think I have all my ammunition ready for a certain unwanted encounter, all rules are out the window as the obnoxious relative decides to pull a Kamikaze strike on me while I am sleeping. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

This also takes a toll on my body as well - a huge physical toll. My body aches all over, I feel like I have been sat on by my houseguest. I am constantly exhausted and want to hide in the dryer where it is warm and nobody would ever think of looking there. On the 'raw materials' side, I have to call the pharmacy's warehouse and ask them to put aside a shipping container of feminine products just so I can get through the week. I am reminded of a funny episode of Sienfeld when Elaine wants to buy the TODAY sponge, and goes to the last pharmacy and buys out everything that the pharmacist stocks! But unlike Elaine, I don't have the luxury of deciding whether my houseguest is tampon or pad-worthy, I just gotta take care of business...

No comments: