Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Tick Tock!

I am in a state of perpetual panic - there are so many deadlines coming up, the most important being Friday for that Comedy Network thing. I have been kinda putting it off for some time now. I manage to open the file, shift a few words around, look at it and then pop Photoshop open to fix some photos to pass the time - all in the name of 'creative inspiration'. But that really gets me nowhere fast, and the hours are slipping by. You would think after more than 30 years of schooling, I would know by now that procrastination does NOT WORK!! Although I do my best work when I am under pressure, but that would explain the three ulcers I had in my stomach a few years ago - one for each degree!! LOL

I have to go locations scouting for a friend of mine tomorrow, then a meeting with some people that I might be doing some photo work with, other errands and lots of bla bla bla. I cant seem to squeeze it into the day! Daylight savings time sucks the bag.

Well, today was a complete waste - ran downtown to see a friend of mine who was supposed to put me in touch with these club people who want to use my services, but he lost the photos of the club I made for him, and to top it all off, the owners of the club were having an 'emergency meeting':
"I hope you did not come all the way down here in this shitty weather just for this?"
Of course I had to lie - I didn't want this guy to feel more horrible than he already did!
So I schlepped home, all dressed and made up with my truckload of photos under one arm, and a broken HelloKitty umbrella in the other. Well, I got good use out of my "new' buss pass today, and got to experience the efficiency of the transit system. YAWN!!

A film I worked on (was the cinematographer) will be playing on Friday. I am soo pumped! I met the director through a want ad on www.mandy.com . He was looking for someone to be his DOP (techie lingo - means director of photography) so I volunteered. It was for no pay and was to be part of some crazy film fest where all the teams have 48 hours to write, film, edit and finish their oeuvre in the time allotted. Well, it was an experience and the last film we worked on was not as 'time restricted, but we had enough obstacles to overcome. Working on these films proved to me, yet again, that I work best under pressure , provided I am given enough space to:
a) flip out
b) scream/cry hysterically
c) chill by myself in complete silence
d) be outrageously creative and try the otherwise impossible.

Not that these things all happen during every shoot, or they happen to that extent, but I am quite the sight to behold when those wheels are spinning and the clock is going tick tock!

No comments: