Thursday, December 23, 2004

The night before the night before Xmas.

Lost my voice today. Not fun. Although it is kinda cool sounding like a big Italian mobster's wife (or at least what the stereotypical ones sound like - deep throaty sexy voice). I can talk but it hurts like hell and at times I sound like a 12 year old boy who's voice is in transition.
It was sooo miserable today.

I finished up some xmas presents, E got home and we did the last of the shopping rounds. It's strange having Xmas eve on a Friday. I can guarantee that there will be people taking full advantage of shopping till 9pm (if the stores stay open that long). Christmas in retail land. What fond (NOT!) memories...

The wind is whipping against the thin panes of glass of my window. I'm listening to Coldplay (let's go down a few notes on the scale of melancholia) and hoping to finish the last last little bit of xmas crafts and cooking. I can't believe a year has gone by so quickly. I really didn't notice the summer, and now, already the end of December? Wow. I can remember being a kid and asking how long it would be before I could cross a busy 4 lane street by myself. "Soon' seemed like forever in those days. Now, soon is too soon .

So Xmas rituals - tomorrow PM - E's parents house, eat, open presents, church, then back to pick up presents and left overs. Xmas day, mom and gmom's house - eat, eat and eat some more. 5 minutes of opening presents, sipping some eggnog for another hour and then home. In 24 hours it's all over.

Bleh.
I wish it were April already.
Buds start to poke out through the branches of the bare trees, the smell of dry earth and grass fill the air with a sweet crispness that just signals the beginning of spring. Its going to be along winter, unless I can find some $$ and get my white little butt to a hot tropical place between now and then...

Merry Xmas, Happy holidays and a fantastic new year everybody. ;-)

No comments: