Friday, December 10, 2004

And the universe said...

And the universe said - you aint going nowhere tonight honey!!

I had it all planned. Dinner and drinks with a friend. I was getting ready when I got a msg telling me that they had to cancel on me last minute because they had to take some business clients out for dinner'. Okay, I didn't feel like eating out anyway. No biggie. Then I get a call from one of my director friends - "Hey lets meet for a beer and chew the fat!". Great idea! I wanted to know how he recovered from the screening night when the sound on his film botched up. So I get ready, running around the house, get to the metro, get as far as one stop down the line and then my night ended. They had to shut the whole system down for an indetermined period of time', which in metro talk means (hours). I waited almost an hour, leaving messages on his phone every 15 minutes, until about 10:20pm when I realized: "This night aint gonna happen!!". Disappointed and tired, I dragged my body 5 long long blocks home. For whatever reason, I had to stay home. I have yet to figure it out, but I got to see a funny episode of the Flintstones at 2am - the one where Fred's rich uncle is coming to visit and Barney gets disguised as 'Little Tex" - the oversized offspring of Fred and Wilma...

Its a horrible grey day. The umpteenth in a row.
This lack of sunlight is definitely wearing me down...
Note to self - don't miss the Flintstones tonight.
I am still eagerly waiting to see the episode where the two families encounter the 'Mad doctors' who switch everybody's personality while they sit under these primitive looking hair dryers:
"Len, Len, what have you done Len?"
"Well, my mother always told me - Be a mad doctor, be a mad doctor!!".

No comments: