Sunday, December 19, 2004

Cookies and more cookies!

What a wonderful time I had this afternoon!
E and I were invited to a friend's house where we were greeted with a warm welcome and a glass of hot wine a la Swedish style. I have never been to a cookie party, but I must admit, it was completely decadent! My Galpal told me that this was a family tradition in her country (and they have a Christmas goat, no Santa!!! )
Here junior, you've been so good all year, here is a bag of wool! Hoo hoo hoo!!

Sorry, had to add that in..

But the atmosphere was filled with smiles and laughter, everybody sampling more than a dozen sorts of treats and cakes. There were even gingerbread housed (which, unfortunately began to collapse because of humidity) that had lots of character. E said they were gingerbread houses from Florida because they were falling apart.
Gotta love the comedic relief!!

So on a grey and cold winter afternoon, we passed the time with some friends, both new and old. It really put me in the spirit of Christmas...

Now, I have to work like a fiend to get all my shopping done!!!!!

No comments: