Sunday, December 12, 2004

The Party

This is going to be a short blog.
I am so hung over and so tired.
Back to my state of hibernation under my duvet...

Last night we had a little shin dig at our place.
Not many people were able to show up - weather, other 'festivas for the rest of us'* celebrations, but there was a good crowd. Munchies, smokes, and drinks enough for an army.

We had Rocky and Bullwinkle in the background for entertainment and visual stimulation.
I wonder if Rocket Robin Hood is available on DVD yet?

Stand all brothers, marching together,
heads held high in all kinds of weather,
with firery blasts our roaring rockets rise
beyond the earth,
beyond the skies....

Funny how house parties always have little pockets of activity - it seems that people always gather in the kitchen. Why is that? I mean, besides the availability and close proximity of the food and beer, what is it with kitchens??

There were two non-smokers in the whole place. They stayed in the neutral territory which was somewhere between the front (smoking room) and the kitchen.
E and I took turns keeping them company...
In between our smoke break room visits.

It was a lot of fun.

There is just something great about opening your house to people and entertaining.

I wish I had a big house just for that reason.

Of course, I would hire out the cleaning for the morning after, and develop a pill to magically cure hangovers as well...

Next week I am attending a 'cookie party' Sunday afternoon.
My baking sheets, Crisco shortening and vanilla extract are out and ready as I type this!


* Ahh - the magical Sienfeld references...


No comments: