Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Post for angel A

In my previous post - Saturday, May 07, 2005 - My life as a TV Sit-com... angel-A said...
Hi Kitty!"How big is Big Buks?$35,000The first time I heard my friend tell me, I thought he said 3500$.I almost had a hear attack when he corrected me."My dear, I believe that very soon $350,000 won't surprise you.Don't forget - only the sky is your limit!!! Only the sky!You have a great talent, you are a rare jewel, rely on God, He stores a wonderful plan for you, just be opened and listen to Him... carefully .salute!!!

Well, I spoke to the director today - all systems are still go, but he said something that really sparked my curiosity and got my ears perking.

Go in and ask for $1000 as your flat day rate. That way she can bargain you down to 800. Not such a stretch. But if you ask for 200$ she is gonna say : this girl doesn't value herself much, and hey, lets try 150$!

A man can go into this situation and walk in knowing nothing about camera, but will bullshit himself and his way through and get the money he asks for, but a woman, who knows twice as much as the guy does, will ask for less and sell herself short. HPK, don't sell yourself short like that! Listen, I'm gonna be your pimp from now on, cause you deserve so much better!

I was momentarily stunned. He was right! So very right!

I wont sell myself short anymore. Why should I?!

In life, in relationships, with myself.

Time to silence the doubting Thomas and inner critic in my head. Time to slip my bitch boots on and start walking!

2 comments:

angel-A said...

Keep going, Kitty!
LOVE!!!

Russell Ragsdale said...

Go for it HPK! We are all rooting for you! ?)