Monday, May 16, 2005

When all systems are go...

There is something in the air lately.
I have said before that this summer will be the summer when my life is gonna change - for the better, or should I dare say - for the utter fantastic...

Its a vibe I have.
Felt it since January.
Now things are happening.
Slowly but surely.

The play is coming together amazingly well. There is already a huge buzz about it across the city. And we have yet to poster and prostitute the play en masse.

I am (still waiting but) on final confirmation for a director of photography job - big budget. Super huge client.
I spoke with three fellow cast members who are now booking me to work with them on their future film projects - Pascal and his screenplay, Big and his current feature film in pre -prod right now, and Samantha who wants me to shoot her feature film probably next year.

I met up with two young guys - one a writer, the other a set designer, who were looking for somebody to direct a trailer for their upcoming feature film. I think I made a great impression on them. And if they like me, I would be the director for the feature. It would be my first independent feature film as director to my name. I will find out more on Tuesday.

I just got back from seeing the Black Crowes. I missed them when they came to town 11 years ago. I was accosted by the security guard for taking photos. I was so pissed off that I almost took my super extendo zoom lens and shoved it down his no neck fat throat. But instead, I stood there and something washed over me - a feeling of unstoppable determination - i want to do this for a living - photography - live entertainment photography. I will call the offices of the organizers of the Jazz festival and hound them until they say yes to taking me on as a staff photographer for this year's festival.
I won't take no for an answer.
I know I am good.
And I will make them know that too.


This is going to be the summer my life changes.
Warp speed - my focus is getting more (well, focused) precise.
A friend of mine said that he is putting in advance booking to become one of my groupies.
You, out of everybody I know, is going to be the first one to become famous.

Really!?
You don't say...
Fingers, knees and toes crossed and a prayer to the big G upstairs as I start the engine to this, my car and highway to a new life...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your attitude - I am that good. You will either go places or burn out louder than anyone has ever seen with an attitude like that. Good on you!

angel-A said...

I will call the offices of the organizers of the Jazz festival and hound them until they say yes to taking me on as a staff photographer for this year's festival.
I won't take no for an answer.

KEEP YOUR DETERMINATION!!!! IMAGINE that you already ARE a staff photographer. and IT will come true. good luck with this endeavour.

Unknown said...

Hey famous lady!

Sorry, I haven't beem reading this as much as I shoulda


Gnight!

hellophotokitty said...

Thank you all for your visit! I think I might just be on the right track.

J - thanks - I like my new attitude too (let's hope it lasts throught the PMS hell week!!!) and I intend on going places and blazing up the trail behind me, leaving no stone unturned!

Angel - A - I will employ the power of postive thinking! What a great idea you gave me! Many many thanks!

Caloovy - how have you been my dear!?? I missed you! Please stay in touch (and the madame wants you to visit her ;-)

xoox