Sunday, October 22, 2006

Another Saturday night...

God bless Hoegaarden. Because of it:
a) I am going to sleep like a baby tonight.
b) am able to type so fluidly (and thank god for the spell check option on this blog thingamajig...)
c) am able to laugh off the absurdities of what has been happening over the past few days.


E's father was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few weeks ago. He had the operation last night. All went well, but I find his family a bit odd: his wife did not go to the hospital and neither did his daughter. When my mom went in for her surgery, she had half of a football team behind her.

what's up with that?


I am losing my hair - serious hair loss. I am getting a bald spot on the back of my head. Hair thinning out all over. My body hair has stopped growing. That would be a good thing on its own (God knows I've spent a small fortune on waxing and electrolysis), but the location is all wrong. I don't know what is happening, and am terrified to hazard a guess.

I've been surfing the net. The problem lies in the fact that the amount of information available on www can be overwhelming. From Alopecia to Polycycstic ovarian syndrome, every symptom sounds like mine.
but is it?

I don't have the merit badge or alphabet soup tagged onto the end of my family name, therefore a diagnosis would only be conjecture. I fear the worst.

Surrounded by cancer, my body quakes at the presupposition of a diagnosis
or misdiagnosis...

I don't know what to do.

I treated myself to a Swedish massage today, but to my disappointment, I didn't get what I paid for, and that bugged the shit out of me.

So I sit here, a quarter past the witching hour, muscles taut, head throbbing, hair thinning, ovaries protesting, wondering when all of this mayhem will finally settle.


Oh, what to do.
Oh God help me find some answers...

2 comments:

sanj said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sanj said...

Well helllooo Kitty, thanks for dropping me a line and congratulations on your 2 year blog anniversary as well!

I have been dropping in on your blog from time to time, seems like you're going through a bit of a rough patch. I have a bit of unsolicited advice; go to the woods/ocean/mountains and ground yourself. Sounds weird but it works for me. The more time I spend out of town, the better I can deal with life. You need to step back from the canvas to see the picture you're painting.

Take it easy and have a great week.
S