Sunday, October 15, 2006

Flying by on damp fall air

The remnants of summer are flying by my window as I type this.
The beautiful greenery that I once swayed nearby is now yellowed and dying. Loose skin flapping in the damp wind. Waving goodbye to summer - to the sunshine the life and warmth; the the sparse hours of humid air, delicate winds slipping through sweat and cotton.

I am in an airplane.

At the terminal, groups of trees divide into single leaves of color and various states of decomposition. Inside my body, limbic systems make a final check and then idle. Eyelids pulled down by age and sleep distort images already filtered through impenetrable pressurized glass. The haze of outside weather and liters of internal fluid - symbiotic, moving in tandem, preparing for the change of seasons.


12:35pm
Sunday October 15th, 2006

No comments: