Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Under the desk duty

I'm so tired latley - feeling a need to stop, sleep and hide all the time. Working 9 to 5 is killing me. I took a nap underneath my desk today. I had to laugh - remembering George with his little nook under his desk.

And now on a lighter note..

Jerry: (on phone) hello.

GEORGE: Jerry, I'm trapped under my desk. Steinbrenner is in the room. You got to help me.

JERRY: Who is this?

GEORGE: Jerry, . . .

Kid: Hi,

GEORGE: Sh, sh, goodbye, sh, get away.

Kid: Hi, I'm Brady.

GEORGE: ?? get away??

JERRY: Why don't you just have him paged?

GEORGE: Can't you think of something. Call in a bomb threat.

JERRY: A bomb threat? Why would I call in a bomb threat?

GEORGE: Just CALL!

JERRY: I should have some reason.

STEINBRENNER: Hey you kids know tunes; see if this song rings a bell, "Heartbreaker , . . . "

Woman: Mr. Steinbrenner we just received a call. There's a bomb in the building.

STEINBRENNER: A bomb in the building, oh, m'god. Quick, everyone under the desk

STEINBRENNER: Boy can you think of what went through my mind when I saw there wasn't going to be enough room under that desk for me and my babies.

GEORGE: I'm sorry sir.

STEINBRENNER: You know what I think? I think you knew about that bomb ahead of time.

GEORGE: What?

STEINBRENNER: ???? about that bomb. You climbed under that desk because you have ESP. George, what's on my mind? . . . Meatballs! Huh? Unbelievable. Anyway this terrorist had a specific demand. Not more cheap adjustable hats on hat day. He wants fitted hats just like the players wear.


God bless the creators and actors of Sienfeld...

No comments: