Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Dirty, run down, crazy ass Detroit...

I am still trying to recoup the energy that was expended from the weekend.
And let me tell you - it ranks up there in intensity and freakyness with that first week in NYC.

what a memorable time it was...

I have so much to post - tried keeping a little journal filled with notes and antidotes which were scrawled down at 4am, after a night of photography and shuttling back and forth on the people mover.

Ahh - the people mover - that's a whole other story - along with more surreal and amusing stories I have to share.

Lu and I knew it was going to be an interesting ride when we saw the reaction of the custom's agent who became intrigued and puzzled as we tried to explain how my photos were in an art show called "Dirty Detroit".

It's an erotic art festival.
Neurotic arts festival?*
No - erotic.
So what kind of erotic photos do you take?



How do you explain this to a very large black man wearing an official blue uniform, who's holding your passport while sitting in a huge (and I mean gargantuan) indigo/black station wagon with tinted windows, next to the dead ringer for Patty Smith (except lu didn't smell...)

* neurotic? I guess in a way it was...

No comments: