Friday, February 16, 2007

pretty funny me

Sometimes I find myself chuckling at my own sense of humour.
I think I'm pretty funny.

Well, I did write that Sex and La Cité play - it was quite brilliant.
Carrie's Manolo Blahnik - she calls them Manolo Blankies :

I can't go anywhere without my security blankies...

And oh how I laughed when I wrote that - and oh how I wished my eyes weren't so heavy and eyes burning so red from lack of sleep.

but it turned out well. Except for the sequel - the cheap "knockoff"
At least I'm a legend in my own living room

My yahoo emails end with this quote:

"To attract men I wear a perfume called 'new car interior.'"
--comedian Rita Rudner


And oh how I laughed when I read that - it was one of those funnies that stick in your head for hours, every once and a while, returning for a chuckle jolt. I'm convinced that homeless people who roam the streets laughing to themselves are the ones on the inside track of an obscure joke.

Pause...

I wonder if there is a perfume called 'New car interior", and if "mamma bravo's meatball spaghetti sauce" is available in eau du toilette (see Sex and la cité - act 6: Gino's basement apartment of his parents duplex in Chomedy, Laval)

other memorable little one liners I've culled from the email archives:


" Did I freak you out? I have a tendency to do that. Perhaps it's my way of testing people's 'durability' or "kathy-bility" "

"I really enjoy the good moods and feeling of creativity, but hate the feeling that I'm a car wreck waiting to happen. I'm trying to find the balance in between a balance that is precariously perched on the top of a capsule marked "eli lilly"..."

"It seems that when I open my mouth during these trying times, not only do i put my whole foot in it, I put the whole shoe store and all their franchises!"

"Please know I'm not trying to be a crotchety old horny coot - but those shots are truly inspirational..."

(said with a Bronx Italian accent)
Me, I, think I'm pretty funny me...

No comments: