Saturday, February 24, 2007

the pole jiggleos.

shit...

It was one of those rare instances (rare as of lately - too many things to start/finish/sort/find) when I was able to sit down and just write. Write like I used to. Back in the "sex and la cité" days. Way back when I began this silly blog.

I was on a roll

and then i had to venture out of my creative bubble to find it

and now that I can't find it, it's driving me nuts!

***

I was listening to some really old 80's new wave (that sounds so funny to actually say) when one song in particular yanked my old bones back 23 years.

Fire Woman by the Cult

and there I was with V, swinging like amazon babes from the pole - a good two feet above the heads of the other dancers, shaking our thangs, letting the hair down, showing lotsa leg...

The hottest club at the time had a pole in the center of the dance floor. But not an ordinary pole - one of those trapeze perch - type poles.

and we danced on it
Often.
And created many a sexy spectacle
and loved every minute of it

Fire woman was one of those most memorable songs.
The perfect "pole" song

All of our friends would refer to the strange apparatus as: 'the pole'

are you going to dance on 'the pole'?
did you see who was on the pole?

That dirty bitched knocked me off the pole and is gonna get her head kicked in by my Texas boot...

a thing of great mystery and wondrous power that pole was

So great in fact, that I composed an ode to the pole called, you guessed it - the pole jiggleos.

and now I can't find that paper anywhere in the house!

So here I am, stuck between a half churned story and a cold pot of almond tea. Will my evening will be spent on the hunt for this elusive piece of poetry - just because the story just wont be the same without it!?

wish me luck


and Sanj - there is a place in Marché Centrale that serves breakfast/brunch (right near the cineplex/roasters) and on the menu is "Creme Bruleé a la Grand Marnier" !!!!!
I've been too stuffed with cretons and les feves to try it, but when I do (or you beat me to the punch) you'll hear about it via email...

;-)

No comments: