Monday, August 27, 2007

closed until next year

I was so excited. It had been years since my body was cooled by chlorinated water.

There is something about that "outdoor public pool blue" that makes me quiver.

On my Friday walk, there were only a handful of people splashing around, lounging and baking in the sun.

I will go on Monday. There'll be nobody there for sure!

And to my shock and horror, the water was deadly still. Not even a ripple from the breeze. So silent, you could hear the filters working.

WTF?!?!?!

That's how out of touch I am - the outdoor pool closed for the season Sunday.
24 hours ago.
Shitty...

Schlepping around, feeling really upset and disappointed, I tried to calm my mind.
This spot? too bumpy
another spot - oh here come the screaming kids
then another - too many bugs

Spent most of the would be meditation time fussing and wandering from a grass patch to another, dodging horseflies and ants who were more than happy to climb aboard and enjoy a free ride.

One track - my daily Ohm
next track - "free yourself from procrastination guided hypnosis"- too wordy and inconsistent.
track three - wayne D - Jappa mediation

...

It worked for about 5 minutes until my jack in the box brain decided to explode.

Bleh.

So I walked around some more, got to feed the ducks.

E is funny:
so you don't want me to throw this moldy bread away because it's "Duck" bread?

yes
duck bread - bread for ducks.
and it's not moldy, just dry.

so that was a highlight.
Still amused by the mother duck - she's a nasty one when there are others vying for food near the flock. Body erect, bill in the air - she flaps her wings and charges at the poor dude who wandered into her path.

Motherly instance.

So still p.o'd about the pool, I made it to my 'inspirational spot". Filled with all kinds of blooming flowers in every color you could image, flat rocks were laid into the ground like steps leading into the edge of the pond. A lone white birch ads shade.

THis is the same place I saw the butterflies.
Perhaps they are out to gather pollen, drawn to a certain kind of flora, but timing is just too strange. Each time I arrive at the same spot, delicate wings whisper by my head.

Today, wondered while walking: "am I on the right path? Am I 'in spirit" yet? (he talks a lot about this in his books) and my reply sat on the center of a flower. Still and graceful, yet hanging on, refusing to be lifted away by the breeze - a monarch butterfly.

smiling, I stood there with a huge smile on my face, crouching down to get a better look, and for about 5 seconds, my eyes were filled with the beautiful image of the magic that lives and breathes in nature.

I guess I'm getting there. Slowly.
One butterfly at a time.

No comments: