Wednesday, October 24, 2007

ougabuga

Oh my God.
I am so baked, and it took me almost an hour to scrape off all that musty crap and muddy dirt I had been rolling in all day during the shoot from hell.

Everything went wrong - the models were late, the locations were wrong, and once we did find one, there was no power and we had to go on a mad goose chase to find some in a warehouses the sizes of two football fields each...

And then A had to paint all the girls, and then the main actor.
and then, and then

By the time we got ready, I had spent two hours in a dark and musty garbage strewn mucky abandon warehouse. The sun was already on its way into the horizon for dinner time, and the rain would not let up. Not even one drop.

But despite my panic, and A's panic, it all turned out well. Not as well as I had hoped it would - had to change my lighting setup three times before I settled on one that had enough potential for some decent eye candy - and 5 models and 5 hours later, we managed to pull off something that I had no idea I could do successfully.

M and A loved the results. That put me at ease.
I began to loosen up when we went back to M's studio and began my "bathroom" shoot in his industrial/minimalist shower. That made me grin like a kid in a candy store - eye candy store for me...

So in the end - all exhausted, dusty (God. I think I have to throw my whole camera into the washing machine. There is soo much dust!!) it was a good shoot.

I was so flattered when A told me that for each shoot, I'm first on his list. That is a huge compliment from someone who I have no doubt, will soon become one of the world's most influential body painters of his time.

I have no more energy or hard drive space (E - WE NEED MORE HD SPACE AND A FASTER COMPUTER!! I have 400 images and they are all in RAW format! It will be Christmas before I finish processing them!!

But relieved I am. This is always a good thing, in so many many ways...

No comments: