Monday, October 29, 2007

swiming with the fishes

This morning I had a dream that I was following a woman with an underwater camera as she dove into a murky lake on a cloudy day. She began to swim with schools of fishes who seemed to follow her as she followed them.

A concerned relative asked me to find out what was going on because a huge shark fin had been seen in the water, heading right toward her.

Turns out that it was a grey oven mitt shaped like a fin.

That section followed a part in the dream where I was on some tugboat fixed up like a pirate ship where I was jousting with several young men on the main deck.

I love/hate dreams like that.



***

I was going through my emails today and found several from my aunt which I had kept. One of them was an update on the status of her cancer, that it had spread and she was at peace with that.

Should I keep them or delete them?

I took about 10 minutes to think about it.
It was too painful to keep them so I deleted them.

I want to remember her for the good things, not the cancer that invaded her body and eventually killed her.

I can't even begin to imagine what my cousin and uncle are going through.
Apparently, they were with her when she died. She just stopped breathing in her sleep.

A peaceful way to go for her, but to see that actually happen, I think I would rip my eyes out to erase that final image...

No comments: