Wednesday, August 06, 2008

apple seeds for Martin

Martin Luther King Jr. has a special place in my heart.

He was born on my mother's birthday, and was shot the day I was born - only a few hours after the horrible incident.

I just happened to stumble upon this just before signing off here.

Perhaps it's time to get my apple seeds ready...


“If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all.”

“Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.”

Martin Luther King, Jr.(1929-1968)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there...

*sighs*

I am so sorry that you're under so much stress and worry. It's not fair (and I don't care if life isn't fair, it's still not fair).

"Apple seeds" - I think that's a fine idea by a fine man. After all, we only have today. There are never any guarantees on tomorrow.

I'm sending you warmest of thoughts and you're in my thoughts far more often than you might think. Things have been a bit hectic of late and I'm behind on emails and reading/writing. Likely to remain so for a little while longer until I get back home.

I'm here though, if you need.

xoxo

hellophotokitty said...

Oh god bless you sweetie.
Thank you so very very much.

and I am here for you too.
We can get through this together
xo