Saturday, August 02, 2008

this keeps me going...

All art is a kind of confession, more or less oblique. All artists, if they are to survive, are forced, at last, to tell the whole story; to vomit the anguish up.
James Baldwin


Raise a million filters and the rain will not be clean, until the longing for it be refined in deep confession.
Leonard Cohen


Confession of errors is like a broom which sweeps away the dirt and leaves the surface brighter and clearer.
Ghandi

The moment has come for me to write, draw, and paint my credo. In the last month I have destroyed much of my work... Looked at carefully, they were mostly tumors remaining from my bad times.
Kupka


Revealing secrets can bring us pain or get us into trouble, but worse pain and worse trouble await us if we keep silent… we become habitually untruthful. The door to our creativity closes.
Eric Maisel

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession and, at the same time, the immortal movement of its time.
Karl Marx

Simple confidence can change perception of both audience and artist.
Jill Badonsky

The landscape with its violent, pure colours dazzled and blinded me. I was always uncertain...
Paul Gaugin

Don't apologize for who you are or the art you create.
CJ Rider


Your self-confidence is directly connected to how much you feel you are making a difference in the world.
Brian Tracey

1 comment:

Auvery Eva said...

oh a big list of strong words. to conceal, not to conceal....