Monday, April 29, 2013

Pinar Yolcan - nice to meat you...



Pinar Yolacan is a visual artist based in New York. She takes portraits using a variety of unusual and unexpected meat and poultry products to accesorizes her sitters with.
Pinar was born in Ankara, Turkey in 1981.



Pinar Yolcan    Nice to meat you...



I am floored. Seriously and utterly floored.
This woman has taken, God, I don't even know what this could be called, to a new and mind-blowing level.
Now this is what photography should be all about - evoking strong emotions, questions, discussion.
And that is what all real honest and brilliant art should do when you look at it, and then experience it


My not-by-blood-but-by-soul brother is casting a brain for me as well as some chicken skin.
I'm getting my fake lady gaga slabs of meat next week.

Picking up some chicken feet in Chinatown when the rest of the fake flesh is ready.
And then, an old sack of potatoes, some onion bag mesh, some fake blood.
And with my flesh and blood, I'll be digging deep to find the guts and balls to create a self portrait series that will push the self established boundaries that I have given myself as a photographer, as an artist - out the window.

Stay tuned. 

This is gonna get weird.
and it's gonna be fucken awesome...

No comments: